Keiki Kaukau Internship // Fall 2021
About the brand: Founded by a mom and teacher in 2019, Keiki Kaukau is Hawai‘i’s Toy Company, dedicated to creating beautiful, high-quality children’s products that reflect the diversity of the islands. Keiki Kaukau means “kid food,” and we endeavor to nourish keiki with tools for learning and play that celebrate pan-Pacific cultures. Our non-profit partnerships are our way of saying “mahalo” to the special community that has given us so much.
Our ideal candidate is:
- reliable and trustworthy, with excellent references
- committed to the positive, inclusive, and keiki-centric vision of the brand
- helpful, adaptable, and willing to try new things and wear many hats
- able to travel to Manoa for in-person work at least twice per week
- eager to participate in the management and growth of a small business
- a strong writer and communicator
- interested in growing competencies in the following fields: e-commerce, marketing, PR, advertising, social media marketing, social media content creation, graphic design, photography, videography, sales
Responsibilities may include:
- maintaining inventory of product and packaging materials
- responding to customer service inquiries (email and Instagram) in a timely, friendly, and solution-oriented manner
- assisting with product fulfillment
- assisting at in-person pop-up sales events
- conceiving and executing ideas for social media content
- coordinating giveaways and other brand partnerships
- publicity outreach to media outlets
- developing new outreach channels for the brand such as Pinterest, TikTok, Facebook, and YouTube
- providing input on product and packaging design, if applicable
- being creative, adaptable and ready to face whatever comes your way!
Commitment: 6-9 hours per week, for a minimum of 3 months. Must have own transportation and be able to lift 30 lbs.
Compensation: Internship credit and a monetary honorarium
To apply: Fill out this form and upload your resume/CV with references.